North Leeds Scouts GDPR Data Protection
Not sure what a Privacy Notice is?
If there is anything in this privacy notice you don’t understand or need to discuss your own individual requirements please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is this Privacy Notice?
This Privacy Notice sets out what we, North Leeds District Scouts, do with Personal Data and what you can expect from us as part of our obligations when processing this Personal Data.
What data are we gathering?
We may hold Personal Data (including Sensitive Personal Data) about members, parents/guardians and volunteers.
We believe it is important to be open and transparent about how we will use your Personal Data.
Information we may hold includes the following:
- name and contact details;
- age/date of birth;
- details of any health conditions;
- race or ethnic background and native languages;
Why do we collect this information?
We use this information to communicate with you and to carry out our obligations as Scout Leaders.
We also have a responsibility to keep information about you, both during your membership and afterwards (due to our safeguarding responsibilities and also to help us if you leave or rejoin).
In addition, we may collect data for registration to events, including nights away, in some cases this data will be Sensitive Personal Data, which we ask for to allow us to provide appropriate care for members whilst under our supervision.
The list of activities we carry out as part of Scouting that may require the use of Personal Data include:
- To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public;
- To manage the health and welfare of members e.g Emergency Contacts / Allergy information
- To manage our membership records
- To manage our volunteers
- To update you on events and other scout related information
- To conduct surveys on our performance
- For financial accounting
- To fundraise for the Scout Group
- To process Gift Aid applications
How do we gather data?
We gather data through a variety of methods, these include:
- The Contact Forms on our, or other scouting websites, Online Scout Manager or by email
- Waiting lists for new members
- New Starters registration form
- Permission forms for Camp and other Activities forms
Occasionally we may take photos and make posts to social media sites like facebook and twitter as parents like
- to see the fun activities their children are doing.
- We will never identify a child by their full name.
- If you don’t want leader to take photos of your children please let them know.
When will we delete this data?
We keep information for different periods of time for different purposes as required by law or best practice.
As far as membership information is concerned, to make sure of continuity (for example leavers and then re-joiners) and to carry out our legal responsibilities relating to safeguarding young people, we keep membership information throughout the membership and after it ends.
Who has access to this data and who do we share it with?
Only those members who need membership information to carry out their role have access to that information.
We may share membership data with other local scouting groups where this activity is required to deliver the scouting group obligations, such as stand in leaders. We may also share data within The Scout Association. E.g. for insurance purposes.
We do not share data with third parties without permission.
We share contact and health information with members and volunteers when their role is to look after your child.
Where will the data be stored?
This data is securely stored as paper records and in online memberships systems including COMPASS and OSM (Online Scout Manager), Drop Box and and Google G-Suite.
Paper records no longer required are securely destroyed.
We take the collection, use and disposal of data security seriously.
What are your rights to your Personal Data
As a Data Subject you have rights over your own data which includes asking for a copy of data we hold about you.Examples of data depend on which sites used by your group but may include
- The emails you send us.
- Your personal and other details which can be viewed Online Scout Manager (OSM)
- Note: please, check your OSM contact details at the beginning of each term
- Attendance records (meetings, events and badge records)
- Content on social media if used by your group
If you have any questions about this privacy statement you can email us at: email@example.com?